Retractable screen care and maintenance for the Fall
We often get asked what care and maintenance is required of a retractable screen especially when the Season changes to cooler months and homeowners are beginning to pack up and store away their patio and outdoor furnishings.
Fortunately, a retractable screen does need to be removed for Winter storage. The screen retracts into its housing when it is not in use and this will keep the screen from being damaged from the elements and keep it clean.
To help protect your investment and provide for your long-term enjoyment of your Mirage Screen, we recommend the following:
- Regularly clean the bottom track of debris, small stones and pet hair.
- Annually clean tracks, housing and mesh with warm soapy water and dry with a clean soft cloth
- Following the annual cleaning, lubricate the tracks with a good quality silicone spray lubricant.
- The Mirage screen comes with a visibility decal installed at eye level. The decal helps prevent the screen from being accidentally walked into when in use. Please leave this decal in place until your family become use to the screen.
- Introduce your pets to the screen and train them to respect it, as you would any other household fixture.
Have questions about your retractable screen or need more information about retractable screens or for a free consultation, call us at 469-287-1256.
We are now offering a maintenance plan to service your screen seasonally for a nominal fee. Let us take care of everything for you. If you are interested, please give us a call at 469-287-1256!